To help prevent others from accessing your email messages, you can set up your Outlook data file with a password. The steps in this tutorial explain how this is done.
1. Click Tools, and select Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, select the Mail Setup tab.
3. Click Data Files.
4. In the Outlook Data Files dialog box, select the data file you want to protect.
5. Click Settings.
6. Click Change Password.
7. Your Old Password will be blank (unless you have done this before). Type your New Password and Verify Password.
8. Click OK.
9. Close the remaining dialog boxes.