Create Web App Shortcuts on Your Desktop With Chrome
Using Google Chrome you can create Web App shortcuts on your Windows desktop, start menu, or pinned to your taskbar. This is helpful for open services such as Gmail or Twitter directly from your desktop.
It’s so simple to do you will wonder why you never did it!
<iframe title=”YouTube video player” width=”480″ height=”390″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/2sLxUQ1mY2g” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
1) Open Google Chrome and visit the website where you want to create an App shortcut. Services such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Twitter, even specific blogs are great to create shortcuts for. I am using Twitter in this example.
2) Click the Wrench icon in the top right corner of Chrome
3) Navigate to Tools > Create Application Shortcuts…
4) Once you have selected Create Application Shortcuts… you have three options to choose from for the shortcuts. You simple check off the button next to which shortcuts you want.
5) Since I checked off Desktop and Pin To Taskbar, my shortcuts will appear in those two places.
6) You have done it! Once you launch your App it will appear in a window like this
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.