You don’t have to just rely on ripped music files or CD’s to listen to some good music. If you’ve got a good internet connection, you can use Windows Media Player to listen to internet radio and enjoy all kinds of music anytime you wish to.
1. Open Windows Media Player 12.
2. Go to the vertical menu on the left side. At the bottom, click Media Guide (if it isn’t visible, click the arrow and select Media Guide from the resulting menu).
3. Go to the menu at the top of the page and click Internet Radio.
4. Go to the far right and select a Stream Speed (dependent upon your connection speed).
5. Choose a Genre to be taken to a list of stations or use the Editor’s Picks or Top Stations.
6. Find a station that interests you and click its Listen link.