You can change the default location of one or more log files if you are running out of disk space or just prefer that they be located on a different drive. To do this . . .
1. Create a directory in which you wish to store the log files. (example: VistaLogs on your F drive)
2. Click the Start Button.
3. In the Search box, input regedit.exe and hit Return.
4. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog.
5. Select the desired log file.
6. Double-click File in the right pane.
7. Change the Value data to the path of the directory you created in step 1. (example: If you wished to move your System log, you would change the path from %SystemRoot%\system32\winevt\Logs\System.evtx to F:\VistaLogs\System.evtx)
8. Close the editor.
9. Restart your computer.