Expecting an important email from your boss, but it’s time to go home? You can set up Outlook to forward the messages from your boss to your home account (or any other one for that matter) by setting up a rule.
1. Go to the Outlook menu, click Tools and select Rules and Alerts.
2. Select the New Rule button located beneath the E-mail Rules tab.
3. The Rules Wizard window will appear.
4. Go to Step 1 and select Move messages from someone to a folder under Stay Organized. Go to Step 2 and click the people or distribution list link.
5. Select the desired list from the Address Book dropdown. Select the desired name of the sender. If you are selecting multiple addresses, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking the names. Click the From button. Click the OK button.
6. Click the Next button.
7. Make sure the from people or distribution list checkbox is checked.
8. Click the Next button.
9. In Step 1, uncheck the move it to the specified folder checkbox and check the forward it to [b]people or distribution list.
10. In Step 2, click the people or distribution list.
11. Select the desired list from the Address Book dropdown. Select the address that the email is to be forwarded to and click the To button. Click the OK button.
12. Click the Next button.
13. If you have any exceptions, use the listed checkboxes to select them.
14. Click the Next button.
15. Input a name for the new rule.
16. If you wish to apply the new rule to the messages currently in your Inbox, check the Run this rule now on messages already in “Inbox” checkbox.
17. Click the Finish button.