Want a quick list of installed applications on your Windows PC? By using the Windows Instrumentation command-line interface (WMIC) you can create a quick list or even generate a text file or HTM file for printing.
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click All Programs and select Accessories.
3. Select Command Prompt.
4. At the command prompt, input WMIC and press Return.
5. You will see a new prompt:
6. Execute the Product command to list the name and version of the applications installed on your pc.
product get name,version
7. Once the command has finished executing, you will see the desired list.
If you want to generate a text or HTM file for printing, execute the following:
to generate a textfile:
/output:d:\AppList.txt product get name,version
to generate a HTM file:
/output:d:\AppList.htm product get name,version
make sure to change the location and filename(d:\AppList.txt or d:\AppList.htm) to the desired values.