Some Outlook 2003 users like to turn on Read Receipts for their e-mail. While this can be a useful method to a receive notification that an email message has been read by a recipient, it can also be a nuisance. To increase privacy, you can choose to ignore these requests so that people will not know when you have read your e-mail messages. Read on to find out how.
1. Click Tools, and then select Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, select the Preferences tab.
3. Click the E-Mail Options button.
4. In the E-Mail Options dialog box, click the Tracking Options button.
5. Click the radio button Never send a response.
6. Click OK.