By default, Internet Explorer has accelerated graphics (GPU rendering) enabled. If you are using a low end/low power computer or laptop, you may experience some performance issues. By disabling hardware acceleration and using software rendering instead, your IE9 performance will be dramatically increased.
1. Open Internet Explorer 9.
2. Click the Tools icon (the gear) on the far right side of the toolbar (or use the keyboard command, Alt+x) and select Internet options.
3. When the Internet Options window appears, select the Advanced tab.
4. Under Accelerated graphics, check the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering checkbox.
5. Click the OK button.
6. Restart Internet Explorer.