How Do I Extend My iPhone’s Battery Life?
If the charge on your iPhone’s battery is running out too quickly, follow the steps in this tutorial to get a few extra hours for your phone without using any third-party apps.
With iOS 9, Apple has put a heavy focus on improving the performance and battery life of existing devices. Older devices now run smoother and last longer. One of the most useful additions in this release is the new Low Power mode, which helps extend your device’s battery life.
Note: Currently, iOS 9 is only available for developers. iOS 9 will be released to the public in September 2015.
1. Select the Settings app from your iPhone’s home screen.
2. In the Settings app, scroll to the third section, and select the Battery option.
3.The Battery section contains comprehensive information about your iPhone’s battery usage. You will be able to view which apps consume the most battery life and why. At the top of the screen, there will be an option called Low Power Mode. Turn it on to extend the life of your iPhone’s battery.
By turning on the Low Power Mode, your iPhone’s battery life will last up to three more hours.
Here are a few drawbacks:
– Low Power Mode reduces your iPhone’s performance. In my personal test, I was still able to use apps and play most games.
– Networking activity like 3G and Wi-Fi will be slower.
– If you use Mail, you will have to fetch messages manually.
– Background App Refresh will be disabled. This change means that you will have to manually fetch the latest updates from a lot of apps.
– Motion effects and animated wallpapers will also be disabled.
4. When the Low Power Mode is on, your device’s battery icon will turn yellow.
5. When your iPhone is charged, you may want to come back to Settings -> Battery to turn Low Power Mode off so that your phone performs as it should.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.