Android: Configuring Speed Dial Numbers
Speed Dial is a handy feature that lets you call a contact by just pressing a number on the keypad. This tutorial will show you how to configure and use this feature on your Android phone.
Speed Dial was one of my favorite functions when I used a Nokia feature phone. I am glad that this has continued to more modern smartphones.
Please note that this tutorial is written based on Samsung stock 4.1.2 rom. The feature may exist on other phones, but the steps may vary.
1. Launch the Phone app, which is usually placed at the bottom of the drawer, or search for it in the app drawer.
2. When the app is opened, tap the menu key on your phone to open the app’s menu, and then choose Speed dial setting to continue.
3. In the Speed dial setting page, choose any number with a plus sign that you want to assign a phone number. You can use the numbers from 2 to 9. Number 1 is for voice mail only.
4. For every number you tap on, you will be redirected to the contact book to choose the contact you want. You can scroll through the list to find the contact or use the search bar to find what you want.
5. When you find the contact, simply tap on it to assign it to the number. You will then be redirected to the speed dial setting page. Now, the contact picture will appear on the number you have chosen.
6. To quick dial the person, open the phone app again, and then long-press on the number to call the person.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.