Blackberry Playbook: How to Delete All Data / Security Wipe
This tech-recipe walks Blackberry Playbook owners through wiping all of the data from the device.
1. On your Playbook, at the Home screen swipe from the Top bezel area to Down to bring up the Settings screen OR tap the Gear icon in the upper right.
2. Scroll down to the Security section on the left pane and on the right pane, scroll down to the Security Wipe option.
4. Type the word “blackberry” in the text box and then hit the “Wipe Data” button. If you have a password on your Playbook, you will be prompted for it.
5. This will now wipe ALL data and personalized settings from your Playbook. Once this finishes, your Playbook will be back to the original factory settings, however it will still be on the same firmware as you had prior to wipe.
– This wipes everything including pictures, videos, files, etc. Anything thats on the Playbook is wiped! So copy data to your PC / Mac prior to doing this.
– This does not restore to the original, launch firmware; updated firmware will be restored. The Playbook requires a Wifi connection to resetup and will download the latest firmware upon signing into the Blackberry World.
– The wipe and reload process takes about 10 minutes.
View more articles by Jimmy Selix
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.