If you like keeping a clean desktop, then even having the Recycle Bin icon sitting there can be annoying. By placing a shortcut on your taskbar, you will have easy access while keeping it off of your clean desktop. This recipe adds the shortcut to the Taskbar instead of pinning it to the Windows Explorer icon.
1. Right-click on your Desktop.
2. When the context menu appears, mouseover New and select Shortcut.
3. The Create Shortcut window will appear, input the following into the Type the location of the item textbox:
4. Click the Next button.
5. Input a name for the shortcut, such as Recycle Bin or Trash.
6. Click the Finish button.
7. The shortcut will appear on the Desktop, however, you will need to change the icon. Right-click the newly created shortcut and select Properties.
8. Click the Change Icon button.
9. Input the following in the Look for icons in this file textbox:
10. Press Enter on your keyboard.
11. Select the Recycle Bin icon. Click the OK button.
12. Now that your icon looks good, move the shortcut to your Documents library (or some other location).
13. Right-click the shortcut and select Pin to Taskbar.
14. The icon will now be on your Taskbar. Move it to the desired location.
An even better place to put it on your Taskbar is on the Quick Launch Bar.