By using Disk Quotas, administrators can limit how much disk space users can utilize on an NTFS formatted volume. This is essential in limiting the amount of personal data (music files, photos, videos, etc.) and also to help make the user practice better file management.
1. Click the Orb (Start button) and select Computer.
2. Right-click the volume you want to enable disk quotas on and select Properties.
3. Select the Quota tab.
4. Click the Show Quota Settings button.
5. Continue through the UAC prompt.
6. Click the Enable Quota Management checkbox. Also check the Deny disk space to users exceeding quota limit checkbox so that users will receive an insufficient disk space error when they exceed quota limits.Select the Limit disk space radio button and input the desired amount of space using the textbox and dropdown. Input the desired amount of space that you wish the user to receive a warning at.
8. Click the OK button.