Trying to install Adobe Reader on Vista and get an error message that the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or inaccessible? If so, follow on to get this “Vista Ready” software installed.
1. Right-click on the installation executable you downloaded from Adobe (AdbeRdr80_en_US.exe).
2. Select Properties.
3. Click the Compatibility tab.
4. Under Compatibility Mode, check the Run this in compatibility mode for checkbox and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from the dropdown.
5. Click OK.
6. Run the installation executable.
- Sometimes the above fix is not enough. Follow these steps if the above does not work for you.
While the error message is still on the screen, navigate to your temp folder. Click on the .msi installation file for adobe and let it install. You may need to run this file as administrator.