By default, Vista allows you to encrypt and decrypt files, but you have to do a lot of mouse clicking to get there. You have to right-click the file, select Properties, click the Advanced button and then finally select to encrypt the file. Wouldn’t it be much more convenient to just right-click the file and select Encrypt? Here’s how:
1. Open Notepad.
2. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
3. Save the text file as Vista_RightClickEncrypt.reg.
4. Double-click the newly created file.
5. When the UAC prompt appears, click Continue.
6. When the confirmation box appears, click Yes.
7. The file will be merged to the registry. A confirmation box will appear, click OK.