PowerPoint automates the process of gathering all aspects of your presentation necessary for running your slideshow (including fonts, multimedia, linked content and the PowerPoint viewer). It places them into a folder ready to be burned to CD. You can even save more than one presentation to your CD and indicate the order you wish the presentations to run in. To package your presentation for CD . . .
1. Click the Office Button.
2. Click Publish and select Package for CD.
3. In the Package for CD dialog box, select Options.
4. Choose the Package Type, the default is Viewer Package which includes the PowerPoint Viewer and allows you to specify how the presentation will be played when the recipient inserts the CD. The other option is Archive Package which will exclude the Viewer and only package the presentation itself.
5. If you have linked any files to your slideshow (such as audio files), check the Linked files checkbox.
6. Check the Embedded True Type fonts checkbox to make sure the text will display properly on another computer.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Copy to Folder. This will launch a dialog box allowing you to name your folder and the location to which you want it to be saved. Enter your information and click OK.
9. If you linked files to your slideshow, a confirmation box will appear verifying that you trust the content. Click the Yes button. PowerPoint will then copy the necessary files to the desired folder.
10. Once this is completed, click the Close button to close the dialog box.
You can now use your CD burning software to make your presentation CD using the folder that was created with PowerPoint.