The latest version of PowerPoint allows you to apply effects such as reflections, shadows, 3-D rotations and soft edges to your shapes. These can give your presentation that extra touch to make your presentation more appealing to your audience. To apply a shape effect . . .
1. Select the shape you wish to apply the effect to.
2. Select the Format tab.
3. Click the Shape Effects button.
4. Select from either Preset, Shadow, Reflection, Glow, Soft Edges, or 3-D Rotation.
5. Point to the desired effect and you will see a live preview of the style appear in the selected shape.
6. Click the desired effect from the gallery to apply.