When utilizing Outlook in an Exchange environment, you are able to assign tasks to another person that is on the network. This can simplify things for a manager or department head who needs to quickly hand out assignments to his/her employees.
1. Click New and select Task.
2. Go to the Ribbon and in the Manage Task section, select Assign Task.
3. Enter the email address of the person you are assigning the task in the To textbox.
4. In the Subject textbox, enter the descriptive name for the task.
5. Use the dropdowns to assign a Start Date, Due Date, Status, Priority, and % Complete.
6. You can keep an updated copy of the task in your Task List by checking the corresponding checkbox.
7. You will be sent a status report upon completion of the task by checking next checkbox.
8. In the body of the task, enter the pertinent information detailing the task.
9. Click Send.
The person that was assigned the task will receive an email with Accept and Decline buttons. When they click Accept, the task will be added to their Task List.