In Excel, you can change your data’s appearance based on its value. For example, you could change the color of negative balances in your worksheet to red while positive numbers are black. To do this, follow the steps in this Tech-Recipe.
Before you begin, open the Excel document in which you want to create a conditional format.
1. Select the cell to be formatted.
2. Click Format, and then select Conditional Formatting.
3. In the second drop-down, select the operator to use in the test.
4. Type the arguments to use in the condition.
5. Click the Format button to bring up the Format Cells dialog box.
6. Use the controls to create the format for the condition.
7. Click OK.