Much of the spam we receive is from evil companies selling our email addresses to spamming companies. By using throw-away email addresses and temporary inboxes, you can prevent this from occurring.
Spam is one of the most hated things on the net, aside from viruses. It is a waste of time, money, and resources. Even many spamblockers aren’t 100% able to filter out spam. To save yourself the trouble, you must attack the source of spam.
What is the source of spam?
Spam is caused by you releasing your email address. Whether signing up for a newsletter, signing up for a product, or posting it on a forum, spambots will find it and send spam. Spambots are automated “bots” that scan the net and search for email addresses to send spam to. Only when you stop releasing your email will spam slow down.
How can I sign up for things without releasing my Email?
You can use Temporary Inbox to sign up for things that require email without sending your email address. Temporary Inbox creates a disposable inbox that you can use to register for forums, lotteries, etc. When you use the disposable inbox, you can check the mail and even forward it to yours if you need it later.
How do I get Temporary Inbox?
1. Go to the Temporary Inbox Firefox addon page.
2. Install the add-on
3. The toolbar should be in Firefox now
4. When you need a disposable inbox, click the random email button.
5. If you need to check the inbox for a confirmation email, click “check”
6. Open it up, and if you need to forward it to your email, you can.
7. Enjoy your newfound way of avoiding spam!