How to Tweak and Customize Windows 7 Starter Edition
Where are the personalization options in Windows 7 Starter? They are all locked away or hidden to prevent customization and personalization. Even changing the background image is locked down! This quick guide will get any user started in customizing Windows 7’s Starter version
Changing the Background in Windows 7 Starter:
Download Starter Background Changer and install. It is in French so you’ll need to know the following terms to get it installed:
“Suivant” = “Next”
“Demarrer” = “Start”.
When you see any of these terms, click them. After it’s installed, you will be able to right-click on your desktop and select Personalize to change your wallpaper.
Change your Theme:
If you want to personalize beyond changing just the background image, you can completely change the Windows 7 Starter theme by installing Stardock MyColors These guys have been hacking the windows look for years now, and the Stardocks software has always been a customization favorite. After installing you can download and install a ton of different themes from their web site.
Change Screen Saver:
1. In the start menu search, type change screen saver
2. Select the Change Screen Saver option
2. The screen saver dialog box will open.
Change Mouse Pointer:
1. In the start menu search, type change mouse point
2. Select Change how the mouse pointer looks
3. Pick your mouse pointer themes and cursors.
Change System Sounds:
1. In the start menu search, type change system sounds
2. Select Change system sounds
3. Select your sound scheme or change sounds for individual events.
View more articles by David Kirk
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.