Facebook: Restrict Friends from Viewing Your Content
If you have some friends whom you do not want to see your updates on Facebook but you do not want to unfriend them, you can add them to a restricted list. Then they can view only the material that you make public. This allows you to maintain a good relationship in the real world while hiding content from them.
“How is restricting users different from blocking them,” you ask?
– Restricted Facebook users can only view your public updates. They can still chat with you, tag you in posts, etc.
– Blocked users cannot see anything on your timeline. They cannot talk to you or tag you either.
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Once you have logged in, click the gear icon at the top right of the page, and choose Privacy Settings from the menu list.
3. In the Privacy settings page, make sure that you are currently viewing the Blocking section. This section can be found on the left side of the page, under Timeline and Tagging.
4. At the center of the screen, you will find the Restricted List option, under Manage Blocking. Click on the Edit List link at the end of the option to continue.
5. When the Edit Restricted window pops up, click the small button at the top left, and choose Friends. All your friends will be listed in the window. To restrict someone from viewing your updates, just click on their name. Alternatively, you can type the name of the person in the search field.
6. When you have selected all the users you want to block, hit Finish to save the changes.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.