Windows 7: Hide recent search terms in Explorer’s search box
In Windows 7, when you start typing in Explorer’s search box, a small suggestion box which contains recent search term will appear. Although this feature can help you quickly access what you have searched for in the past, it can also cause embarrassing situations when other users on the computer access the search terms. To prevent this from happening, you can disable the suggestion box.
1. Press Win key + R to open the Run box.
2. Type in regedit and hit Enter. This will open the Registry Editor window.
3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer.
4. Right-click on an emty space on the right-side pane, and choose New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name it DisableSearchBoxSuggestions.
5. Double-click on the DWORD Value, and change its value data from 0 to 1. Hit OK when you are done.
6. Close the Registry Editor window, and restart/log off your computer to see the changes.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.