By default, Windows Media Player 12 stores the music you rip from CDs to your Music folder. You may want to store these in another folder on a larger drive. To change the default location, follow these steps.
1. Open Windows Media Player 12.
2. While in Library view, click the Organize button and select Options.
You can also just press the Alt key to bring up the menu, mouseover Tools and select Options.
3. Select the Rip Music tab.
4. In the Rip music to this location section, click the Change button and browse to the desired location. Click the OK button.
5. Click the OK button on the Options window.