Finally, the long-awaited fourth episode in the Thief series has been released. Frequently known for popularizing the stealth genre, Thief is all about hiding, stealing, and avoiding conflict. The adventure begins with the Prologue, and this step-by-step will guide you through the game.
1. The game begins in a room with a sleeping man on the bed. You need to get out of the room through the window and get to the next house to steal goods. Before you do that, look around the room as there are several items in the room to pick up.
2. In the next house, you will find a picture on the wall. Move close to it and press E to interact. There is a safe behind the picture and you can reveal it using the switch at the upper right corner behind the picture.
To pick lock the safe, move your mouse around until one of the dot turns gray and press E. To safe will be opened when all three circles turn white.
3. After lock-picking the safe, get out of the house using the window again.
Follow the small route outside the window and pick up the rope arrow. Press Y to focus your vision on important objects in the scene. As the character looks upward, use the arrow to fire the rope at the anchor beam.
Press Spacebar to jump, grab the rope, then climb up to the roof of the next house. After that, you will see your old friend, Erin, waiting for you there. Follow her instructions to get to the next scene in the game.
4. The next scene begins outside of the castle. Your objective is to move through the gardens and find a way to the rooftop. To do that, you first follow Erin to the right.
In the higher area of the garden, you will see a guard on the right side. Move closer to him to pick his pocket. After that, someone will call him and he will move out of way. Do not kill him or you will be spotted.
Since your path is clear, follow the white spot on screen to the other side of the building until you find the water arrow. On your way to the spot, you will have to walk in water. Walking quickly will cause loud sounds. In order to minimize the sound, hold Ctrl while walking.
Pick up the water arrow and use it to extinguish the open flames on the wall. After that, follow the dark path to continue.
5. In the next scene, you and Erin will have a little talk. After the talk, both of you will get inside the castle by lock-picking the door. You will then be asked to pick up the bottle on the crate and throw it to distract the guard.
You should throw the bottle behind the guard. He will turn his back to you so you can move closer and take him down.
Next, jump on the crate and get to the top of the gate. Follow the small route and you will meet Erin there. Follow her to see what happens. Next, we will continue to the first chapter, Lockdown.