If you are working with a large spreadsheet, you may want to only print a portion of the total worksheet. Why print out 1200 rows of data when you only need 25? Using these steps you can define what area you want printed just by having an area selected. These steps work in Excel 2007 or Excel 2010.
Data can take up huge amounts of space. Thus, print outs of the spreadsheet can be massive. By using these directions you can focus your printing to one specific area. This tutorial has been tested with Excel 2007 and later.
First, we use the Ribbon interface to select the cells in the Excel worksheet that we would like printed.
1. Use the mouse to select the portion of the spreadsheet that you wish to print.
2. From the Ribbon, select the Page Layout tab.
3. Click Print Area and select Set Print Area.
Now when you print the document, only the selected portion of the spreadsheet will print. In fact, after this specific print area is declared, Excel will only print this area until this setting is cleared.
To clear the print area and return to printing the entire spreadsheet:
1. From the Ribbon, select the Page Layout tab.
2. Click Print Area and select Clear Print Area.