To prevent other users from seeing or modifying your formulas, format the relevant cells as hidden, and then protect the worksheet or worksheets. Use the following tech-recipe to accomplish this.
1. Select the cell or range of cells that contain the formulas.
2. Choose Format – Cells to display the Format Cells dialog box. (Alternatively, use Ctrl+1 on the keyboard.)
3. Select the Hidden and Locked check boxes on the Protection tab.
4. Click OK.
5. Choose Tools – Protection – Protect Sheet to display the Protect Sheet dialog box.
6. Make sure that the Protect Worksheet and Contents of Locked Cells check box is selected.
7. Type the password for protecting the worksheet in the Password to Unprotect Sheet text box.
8. Click OK. Excel will display the Confirm Password dialog box.
9. Type the password again, and then click OK.