By default, gOS requires that you login each time you run the operating system. If you are the only person using the computer and aren’t worried about security, this can be excessive and annoying. By enabling Automatic Login, gOS will go straight to the desktop without requiring a login.
1. Click the Leaf icon in the lower left corner of your screen.
2. Mouseover Applications and then Administration. Select Login Window.
3. When prompted, enter the administrator password and click the OK button.
4. In the Login Window Preferences window, select the Security tab.
5. Check the Enable Automatic Login checkbox.
6. Use the User dropdown to select your username.
7. Click the Close button.