The Wii remote control (Wiimote) allows you to feel vibrations (rumbles) during gameplay on certain titles. While this is intended to add a sense of realism to the game, some users find this to be a distraction. To disable the rumble effect, follow these steps:
1. When at the Wii Menu screen, click the Home button on your Wii Remote.
2. Once the HOME Menu appears, move the cursor to the bottom of the screen and select Wii Remote Settings.
3. Go to Rumble and select the off button.
4. Move your cursor to the bottom of the screen and select Close Wii Remote Settings.
5. Click the Wii Menu button in the center of the screen.
6. When asked if you want to return to the Wii Menu, click Yes.