If you use the Google Desktop to search for various items on your computer, you should think about also having it index and search the email in your Gmail account. It makes this useful tool even more valuable.
1. Go to the notification area on your task bar and right-click the Google Desktop icon.
2. Select Preferences.
3. Your web browser will launch and display the Google Desktop Preferences.
4. On the Local Indexing tab, go to the Search Types section and check the Email checkbox.
5. Go to the Google Account Features tab.
6. In the Gmail section, check the Indes and search email in my Gmail account checkbox.
7. Click Save Preferences.
Once your email has been indexed, you can then perform searches that include the mail in your Gmail account from the Google Desktop search box.