Sharing your private Flickr photos with friends and family is an easy task if they are (or are willing to become) Flickr members. But what do you do if you want to share your pics with friends and you don’t want to require them to join? By using the Flickr Guest Pass, you can share your private pics with others without them having to sign up.
1. Go to Flickr and login to your account.
2. From the Flickr menu, select the dropdown arrow next to You.
3. From the resulting dropdown menu, select Your Sets.
4. Select the Set you wish to share.
5. From the menu above your Set’s name, select Share this set.
6. You have two methods to choose from for sending your friends the Guest Pass link:
Use Flickr to send the email
By filling out the resulting form (marked Have Flickr send it), you can send an email from your Flickr account that contains the Guest Pass link. You can further grant access to all photos marked for friends and/or family by checking the appropriate checkboxes in the Grant private access section. Once you have filled in all of the necessary info, click the SEND button.
Get the link so that you can send it from your email account
If you would rather send the link from your email account, click the Send the link yourself tab at the top of the form. You can further grant access to all photos marked for friends and/or family by checking the appropriate checkboxes in the Grant private access section. Click the GET THE LINK button. Copy the generated link and past it into the email that you will send to your friend.
It is important to note that anyone who uses the Guest Pass link will be able to view the photos associated with that Guest Pass. Because of that, you can also expire your Guest Pass links. To do this:
1. From the Flickr menu, select the dropdown arrow next to Contacts.
2. From the resulting dropdown menu, select Guest Pass History.
3. Find the Guest Pass link you wish to discontinue and select the associated Expire link. The Guest Pass link will no longer work. To re-share the effected Set, a new Guest Pass will need to be created.