Your iPod can act as an external portable storage device for backing up files or transporting them. Since the iPod has a lot of hard drive space, it can be used in place of all those smaller flash drives you may typically use and easily lose. Read on to find out how to enable disk use on your iPod.
1. Connect your iPod to your computer.
2. Open iTunes.
3. Click Edit, and select Preferences.
4. Select the iPod tab.
5. Select the Music tab.
6. Check the Enable disk use checkbox.
7. Click OK.
Your iPod should now appear as a drive under My Computer. You can now copy files onto it like you would any other drive. When you are finished copying the files, you must eject the iPod before you disconnect it. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Select the iPod from the Source pane in iTunes.
2. Click the Eject iPod button in the lower right corner.
3. Wait for the confirmation message before you unplug your iPod from the computer.