Did you recently go through a bad breakup? Is keeping your personal life a secret important to you? Is Facebook a big part of your life? Or are you simply looking for eligible suitors to approach and hook up with you? If you said yes to all those questions then you’re in the right place. This tutorial will show you how to change your relationship status on Facebook, with commanding ease.
How to Change Your Relationship Status on Facebook (Website)
If you prefer using the desktop version of the enormously popular social media app, then here’s what you have to do to quickly change your relationship status.
1. Go to Facebook’s Website and Login to your Facebook Account.
2. Go to your main homepage or Facebook timeline.
3. Below the Intro, where your basic education is listed, click the Edit button.
4. Click Update Your Information (bottom of the next dialog box).
5. Select Family and Relationships from the Side Menu.
6. Select the Edit Button besides your current relationship status.
7. Choose your relationship status from the drop-down menu. You can also mention the Facebook user who you’re in a relationship with and also the relationship’s anniversary.
8. Set the privacy of your relationship status. You have three options.
Public: If you want to announce to everyone that you’re no longer available on the dating market.
Private: If you want to keep your relationship status hidden from the world.
Custom: If you only want selected friends to have news of your relationship status.
9. Tap Save Changes to confirm and post your relationship status.
How to Change Your Relationship Status on the Latest Version of the Facebook App (2019)
We’re going to show you how to Change your relationship status in the Facebook Android app. If you’re an iPhone owner and are looking for steps applicable to an Apple device, don’t worry. The process is the same in the Facebook iOs app.
1. Launch the Facebook App.
2. Go to your Main Facebook Timeline or Homepage.
3. Beneath your basic info: where you live, where you study etc. click the three horizontal dots that say “See Your About Info”.
4. Scroll down to Relationship and Select Edit.
5. Choose your Relationship status.
6. Add an anniversary date, set privacy, and click Save Changes.
Why You Should Secretly Update your Relationship Status on Facebook
Okay, each to its own, but according to my personal opinion, it isn’t always wise to share your relationship status on Facebook. Why? Because…
For one, news and gossip spread like wildfire on the social media website, and many are prone to get jealous of your newfound happiness and spread rumors to destabilize it. Trust me, the human conscience can plunge into some abysmal depths.
Not all relationships last for years and years. Unfortunately, fate isn’t kind to all of us. If you’re changing your relationship status every few weeks, it’s going to open you up to some easily unavoidable judgments. The time you’re going to want to heal mentally and emotionally is going to be scooped up by some girl sticking her nose in your business.
If people and their judgments don’t bother you, then by all accounts, follow the strings of your heart. If you have questions about how to change your relationship status on Facebook, please reach to us in the comments below.