My iPhone always seems to jump to voicemail before I answer it. I need to increase the call forward delay. By increasing the delay before the call is transferred to voicemail, I have a better chance of grabbing it. As expected, the caller will hear an increased number of rings before being transferred.
This requires a little friendly hacking of your iphone. Call your iphone now from a different line to judge how long it takes to hit voicemail.
1. From the keypad dial the following: *#61#
2. Press the Call button
3. Write down your voicemail number. It’s the number after “Forwards to”
4. From the keypad dial the following: *61*1VOICEMAILNUMBER*11*30# inserting your voicemail number where VOICEMAILNUMBER is. It should be 11 numbers.
(For example, if your voicemail number is 16787641111 then your command would be: *61*16787641111*11*30#)
30 is the length of time in the command above. 20 is the default. 30 is the max.
5. Press the Call button to send your command to the server
6. You should see the following:
Setting Activation Succeeded
Voice Call Forwarding
7. Congrats. You are set! Call your iphone again to see that it now takes longer to hit voicemail.
If you bugger you phone, don’t blame me. Do this at your own risk. If you want to be super safe, you can call AT&T and they will do this for you as well.