With the latest update to their app, Facebook now allows you to track the number of hours you spend on the app. Facebook helps you manage your time on the app by showing your usage daily in the last seven days. This article will help you learn how to track the time spent on Facebook.
There is a famous saying that goes, “You can’t manage what you can’t measure.” Facebook believes that saying and released an update that can help users manage their time on Facebook. Various researches and studies show the detrimental effects of being overexposed to your phone. Personal health, productivity, and relationships are negatively affected the more one spends time on the phone. Since most people spend a lot of time on Facebook, being able to track the time spent on Facebook will help users reflect and do actions to their Facebook-using habits.
How to Track the Time Spent on Facebook
To see how much you spend on Facebook daily in the last seven days, do these:
1. Update your Facebook to the latest version. This is non-negotiable. Only the latest version of Facebook has the time-tracking feature. Go to the Play Store or the App Store to update your app. You can also set your Play Store and App Store to automatically update apps.
2. Open your Facebook app. After confirming that you have the latest version of the app, it’s time to open up Facebook.
3. Tap on the Menu button. From your Facebook’s main user interface, tap on the Menu button to open up the Facebook menu. Depending on your device, the menu button may be located in the upper-right part of the screen (Android) or on the lower-right portion of the screen (iOS).
4. From the menu, scroll down and tap on the Settings option.
5. From Settings, tap on the Your Time on Facebook option.
6. You are now in Your Time on Facebook page.
7. The first graph shows your usage for the current week.
8. The page also shows your average use of the Facebook app in the last week.
9. Tap on a bar graph for a specific day to show the time spent on Facebook for that day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I can’t see the Your Time on Facebook option on my Facebook app. What should I do?
A: You need to ensure that you have the latest version of Facebook. Depending on your device, you can update your app on the Play Store or the App Store.
Q: Why does Facebook not show the time I spent on using the app on the previous day?
A: If your phone’s battery drains, the data on the app resets. All the data saved on your Facebook usage will reset.
Now that you have an idea of how much time you spend on using the app, it’s now up to you to take action. Take note that too much of everything is bad. Keeping your Facebook usage at a minimum ensures that you keep the balance between your social life and your real life.
You just learned how to track the time spent on Facebook. If you have questions about any of the information presented in this article, let us know in the comments section.