Outlook 2007: Create and Use Canned Messages for Repetitive Emailing
If you find yourself sending the same messages out periodically (such as directions to your house, monthly reminders to employees, etc.), then you could save a great deal of time by using (and re-using) premade messages.
1. Open Outlook.
2. Go to the Navigation Pane.
3. Right-click on Drafts and select New Folder.
4. Label the new folder something like Canned Responses or Premade Messages.
5. If you are going to create messages for both home and work, you might consider creating subdirectories for your new folder.
6. Create a New Message as you normally would.
7. Use a proper (but descriptive) subject for the message.
8. Save the new message (don’t address it or send it!).
9. After you have created your premade messages, drag them from Drafts into your Canned Responses folder (or subfolder).
Now the next time you need to send one of these out, go to the Canned Responses folder, right-click, drag and drop the email into Drafts and select Copy from the context menu. Select the copied email, address it and send it out.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.