Gmail: Import Contacts from Yahoo! Mail
If you are wanting to move from Yahoo! Mail to Gmail, one of the first things you’ll need to do is to move your contacts over. Fortunately, both email clients make this an easy and painless process.
1. Go to Yahoo! Mail and login to your email account.
2. Go to the upper right corner and select Options.
3. Select Mail Options.
4. From the menu on the left side, click on Contact Options.
5. Go to the upper right and click the Import/Export link.
6. Scroll down to the Export section.
7. Click the Export Now button next to Yahoo! CSV.
8. Save the csv file containing your contacts to your computer.
9. Go to Gmail and login to your email account.
10. Using the menu bar on the left side, click the Contacts link.
11. Go to the upper-right corner and click the Import link.
12. Click the Browse button and go to the location that you placed the .csv file. Select the saved file and click Open. Click the Import Contacts button.
13. A confirmation message will appear stating that the import completed and notifying you of how many contacts were successfully imported.
14. Click the Close link.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.