Word: Add a Border to a Paragraph
Adding a border to an important paragraph helps it stand out from the rest of your document. This is helpful if you want a part of your document to be emphasized. To add a border in Word 2007, 2010, or 2011 just follow the directions below.
Microsoft Word for Mac 2011
1. Select the paragraph.
2. Click the Format menu.
3. Select Borders and Shading.
4. Select the border style you want and be sure that Apply to: Paragraph is selected.
5. Click OK to complete.
Microsoft Word Versions 2007 and 2010
1. Highlight the paragraph you wish to add a border to.
2. Go to the Ribbon and select the Home tab.
3. In the Paragraph section, select the arrow next to the Borders and Shading icon.
4. From the menu, select Borders and Shading.
5. In the Borders and Shading dialog box, select the setting, style, color, and width for the border you wish to add.
6. Select Paragraph from the Apply to dropdown.
7. Click OK.
View more articles by David Kirk
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.