By default, Yahoo! opens the links from your search result in the same window. This means that you’ll have to go back to get to the original results, sometimes you’ll even have to redo the query which can be a real pain if you have already weeded through several results. By following this tech-recipe, you will set Yahoo! to open the links from the search results page into a new window, keeping the search page intact for you to return to if the link didn’t give you what you were seeking.
1. If you go to Yahoo’s homepage, you won’t find any links to set the preferences. Instead, go to search.yahoo.com. If you have a Yahoo account, you will want to sign in so that the changes are added to your Yahoo! ID, otherwise the changes will only affect the computer where the changes were made.
2. Go to bottom of the page and select Search Preferences.
3. Go to the Display & Layout section.
4. Click the Edit link.
5. In the New Window section, check the Open search results in a new window when I click on them checkbox.
6. Click the Save button.
7. Click the Finished button.