Since its introduction, Instagram Stories has gained a lot of attention and has become quite popular with more than 250 million active users daily. Although one of the core features of stories is that they disappear after 24 hours, many users may want to save their stories to the phone and share them with others. This is not possible because Instagram does not offer the feature. Fortunately, you can save your Instagram stories easily by using a free third-party app on the app store.
Note: This tutorial is written for Android phones only. The following app can be used to download stories from your own account as well as from people that you follow.
How to download or save Instagram stories:
1. Open the Play store, and download Story Saver for Instagram.
2. Open the app, and tap the Sign in with Instagram button.
3. Log in to your account. If you have multiple accounts, log in to the one that can see the stories that you want to download. If your account has the 2-step verification feature enabled, you will be asked to enter the code, which is sent your phone, before you can log in.
4. After logging in, you will see a list of accounts that have posted stories in the past 24 hours. Simply select the one that you want to download. Make sure that you tap on the name of the account, not the profile picture. Tapping the profile picture will lead you to the Instagram profile page, which is not what you want.
5. When you tap on an account, you will see a grid of thumbnails which represent stories. To view the content of the story, simply long-press on it. The app can display both videos and images. To download a story, just tap on it, and tap Save.
If you see a window asking for permission to access your photos, media and files, just tap Allow and then tap Save.
6. The item is now saved to your gallery.
When not creating exciting new Android games, Lê Hoàng is here crafting tutorials, tweaks, and fixes for your enjoyment.