When you fire up Internet Explorer 7 for the first time, the runonce page is launched to allow you to configure various options. Once this page has been completed, it should not show up again (thus the name runonce). However, sometimes IE7 continually opens this page each time the application is opened. To fix this, follow these steps:
1. Open Notepad.
2. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
3. Save the text file as IE7_RunOnceComplete.reg.
4. Double-click the newly created file.
5. When the UAC prompt appears, click Continue.
6. When the confirmation box appears, click Yes.
7. The file will be merged to the registry. A confirmation box will appear, click OK.
8. Restart the computer for the change to take affect.