If your Mac is always on, you can have iCal send an email reminder to your cellphone for those extra important events. This is great for those with a busy schedule.
First, you need to have a card in Address Book designated as “My Card.” To do this:
1. Open Address Book.
2. Click File and select New Card.
3. Input your information, making sure to add your cellphone’s email address to the card and have it selected as the active email address for the card.
4. Click File and select Save.
5. Select the newly created card. Go to the menu, click on Card and select Make This My Card.
If you already have a card designated as “My Card,” make sure to add your cellphone’s email address to the card and have it selected as the active email address for the card.
iCal can now use the email address for sending out reminders for selected events.
1. Create your event in iCal as normal.
2. Right-click (or Ctrl+click) the event.
3. Select Get Info.
4. Click the Edit button.
5. Go to the alarm section and select the options (this is set to None by default).
A dropdown list will appear. Select Email from the list.
6. Your cellphone’s email address will appear beneath the selected option.
7. Click on the minutes before option and input the amount of minutes prior to the event that you want the reminder sent.
8. Click the Done button.