Windows 7: Improve Startup Performance by Using Boot-Only Fetching
If you run a lot of programs at startup, it can take a while for your system to boot up. To speed up the process, you can enable Boot-Only fetching so that the prefetcher focuses on the booting process instead of both booting and application launching.
1. Click the Orb (Start Button).
2. Go to the Search programs and files textbox and input regedit.
3. Select regedit.exe from the results.
4. When the UAC prompt appears, click the Yes button.
5. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, go to (and select):
6. In the right pane, double-click EnablePrefetcher.
7. Change the value to 2 and click the OK button.
8. Double-click EnableSuperfetch.
9. Change the value to 2 and click the OK button.
10. Close the Registry Editor.
If you want to change the settings back to their default values, repeat the above steps, but change EnablePrefetcher and EnableSuperfetch to 3.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.