Vista’s glass-enabled borders are very attractive. Increasing or decreasing the size of the borders will change your system’s look.
One of the first things I noticed about vista was how fat the windows borders are. Increasing the size makes the system look a little smoother; decreasing the size makes the system look leaner. Either way, here is how you do it.
1. Right-click on a blank area of the desktop
2. Select Personalize
3. Select Windows Color and Appearance
4. In the Appearance Settings window, click the Advanced button
5. Pick Border Padding from the Items drop down list box.
6. Increase / decrease the border size.
7. Click OK until Vista pauses to redraw the desktop.