If you are running this antispyware on an older computer, scanning your PC may interfere with other applications due to using too much of the processor. You can fix this by running the scan as a background process. To do this…
1. Open Ad-Aware and click on the Gear button to open the Configuration Window.
2. Click the Tweak on the bottom of the left column.
3. Click the + next to Scanning Engine.
4. Click the x next to Run scan as background process (Low CPU usage) to change it to a checkmark.
5. Click the Proceed button to save your settings.