When you delete email messages from your Inbox, they accumulate in the Deleted Items folder, meaning that you have to periodically go and clean out this folder so it isn’t taking up unnecessary space. An easy alternative to this is to have Windows Live Mail empty the Deleted Items folder each time you exit the application.
1. Open Windows Live Mail 2011.
2. Go to the Ribbon and click the Windows Live Mail button on the far left.
3. Mouseover Options and select Mail.
4. Select the Advanced tab.
5. Click the Maintenance button.
6. In the Cleaning Up Messages section, check the Empty messages from the ‘Deleted Items’ folder on exit checkbox.
7. Click the Close button.
8. Click the OK button to close the Options window.