If you have a site you visit frequently, but don’t want to use it as a homepage, you can add the site to your Desktop context menu. When clicked, Internet Explorer will open the desired site.
1. Open up Notepad (or right-click the desktop, mouseover New and select Text Document).
2. Copy and paste the following into the new text document:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
replacing tech-recipes with the url for the desired site (or keep it as Tech-Recipes).
3. Save the document as openSite_from_desktop.reg.
4. Double-click the new file to merge it into the Registry.
5. Continue through the UAC prompt and confirm that you wish to perform the action.
6. Restart you computer (or simply stop and start Explorer.exe from the Task Manager).