Vista keeps track of the files that you have opened, allowing you easy access to your recent work. You can clear this list each time you shut down so that you have a clean slate for the new work session the next time you boot up. Follow these steps:
1. Click the Orb and input gpedit.msc into the [i]Start Search text box.Select gpedit.msc when it appears in the listing. Click Continue when the UAC prompt appears.
2. When the Group Policy Object Editor appears, go to the left pane and expand User Configuration.
3. Expand Administrative Templates.
4. Select Start Menu and Taskbar.
5. Go to the right pane and double-click Clear history of recently opened documents on exit.
6. In the Properties window, select the Enabled radio button.
7. Click OK.
8. Close the Group Policy Object Editor.