Sometimes syncing Outlook with another application or device can result in the addition of a duplicated list of contacts. Removing this list can be quite cumbersome if you take the time to delete each one, especially if you have collected a large number of addresses and such. Here’s a much quicker method:
1. Go to Contacts.
2. Click View, mouseover Current View and select Phone List. This will create a list of all of your contacts in a column based view.
3. Right-click a column header and select Field Chooser from the resulting menu.
4. In the Field Chooser box, use the dropdown and select All Contact fields.
5. Select Created.
6. Drag Created to the Colun Headers to add it to the list. Close the Field Chooser box.
7. Now click on the newly added column header (Created). This will sort all of your items by the date that they were added to your Contacts.
8. Scroll down to the first contact in the list that is to be deleted and select it.
9. Scroll down to the last contact that is to be deleted. Hold down the Shift key and select this contact. This will highlight all of the contacts that you are going to remove.
10. Press the Delete key. The duplicate contacts will be removed.
11. Click View, mouseover Current View and select the view you normally use for your contacts (such as Business Cards).
12. Your Contacts should not display any duplicates.