By default, Outlook shows the Inbox when the application is launched. You may want to have it open up to your Calendar or Tasks (or possibly Contacts, Notes, Journal, or other folder). You can change the default opening folder and have the information you need when you open Outlook by following these steps.
These directions will show how to change the default start folder in Outlook.
1. Open Outlook.
2. Go to the top of the Ribbon and click the Office Button.
3. Click on the Options button.
4. In the left pane, select Advanced.
5. Go to the Outlook start and exit section.
6. Click the Browse button for Start Outlook in this folder.
7. Select the desired folder and click OK.
8. Click the OK button.